Monday, May 18, 2009

Debby Ryan grew up in GERMANY

When Debby Ryan was just 7 years old, her family to Germany for her Dad's job. Debby revealed her experience of living in a foreign country to BOP: 'We lived in Germany for three years. To break the news that we were moving,

My parents gathered up my brother Chris and me, and we all sat down on the couch. They had a German chocolate bar. They gave us a piece and were like, 'Do you know what this is? This is from Germany.' They kept telling us cool things about Germany until we were okay with moving there!

We lived in a teeny tiny town in Germany and we would walk up to the bakery and get our daily bread in the morning. My brothers and I went to public school for part of the time. It was a culture shock on many different levels.

In school when you walk into homeroom, you have to take off your shoes and walk around in socks. At first other girls would bully me for having an American accent, but then when I started learning the language, I would fool people and they would thinking I was really German.

We moved back to Texas when I was 10 When I heard were were moving back, I was excited. It was hard to leaving Germany, hopefully I will go back someday. Maybe we will do a Suite Life on Deck episode there.

0 comments: