Friday, May 29, 2009

Taylor Swift Today Show





Taylor Swift performing at Today Show Rockerfeller Center in NYC. Thx Lilli
& Sophia. Pix performances under. Myspace blog: Hi. I'm nocturnal. Help. So.. This is not smart. This. Being awake at 2:47 AM. You know why? Because my wake up call is at 5:00 AM. I'm playing on the Today show tomorrow/in a few hours, and I'm very excited about it. So excited, in fact,

That I haven't really gotten around to sleeping. I've found my attention being drawn to so many different things that I can't possibly sleep. For example: My hotel room has motion censor lighting. So when I stand up or anything moves on the floor, little lights come on at your feet to show you where you're going.

No light switches needed. In my delirious state, I've been making jokes with myself. Every time something triggers the censor lighting, I say 'Witchcraft!' or 'EVIL!'. Then I laugh hysterically. Then I sit there for a few seconds absorbing how lame I sound/look/am at this very moment in time. At 2:47 AM. Talking
to the motion censor lighting.

My dad is along the ride for this trip, hanging out and talking to every person he comes in contact with. He's a social butterfly, and loves being on tour. He loves it so much, he thinks it's absolutely hilarious to mess with me and try to..
..embarrass me as much as possible. For example: Liz and I are walking into the hotel lobby after returning from dinner. It's a quiet, serene, beautiful hotel lobby and we're walking in when..Screaming voice from out of nowhere: HEY! THAT'S TAYLOR SWIFT!! Me: Dad. Please stop doing that.

It's pretty priceless having my dad out here with me. Tonight I went shopping at Top Shop in New York with the band. I got purple shoes. I'm really excited about the purple shoes, and I just needed to tell someone. I got purple shoes. Ok.

That's done. Tomorrow, after the performance on the Today show, I'll fly back
to Nashville and record a lot of new songs I've written in the last few weeks. I'm really excited about that. I want to get back to the tour though. Bad. I miss it every time I'm gone for a day. I've never had more fun doing anything in my life than I have on the Fearless tour. Thank you so much to everyone who has come to see the show. I can't even tell you how unreal it is for me, being up there..

..looking at those crowds. I just never thought I'd luck out like this. I'm really excited because Dateline NBC has been following me around for the last three months, video taping me planning this tour. They've put together a one-hour special about my tour, and it's airing some time within the next two weeks.
I'll keep you posted on the exact date.

I'd love for you to see the months of work leading up to me getting to put on
this show. Also, I learned how to make a smoothie. It's very ground-breaking footage, I'm telling you. Keep checking back here, and on twitter. By the way, again, I'm taylorswift13 on twitter. There are a bunch of fake twitters that are apparently mine, and while they are amusing and creative, they're not real. :)

Well, I have some more important nonsense to get to. I'm going to go play with the light switches or the air conditioning control panel in my hotel room. Then I'm going to play the Today Show! I love you, thanks to everyone who's been voting for the CMT awards at CMT.com! Stay excellent. I adore you.

lovelovelove -T-

0 comments: